Becksford Group have partnered exclusively with a digital transformation group headquartered in London with a current t/o of £50mill to appoint a new M&A Director, reporting to the CFO to help achieve their target of £90mill additional revenue growth through acquisition.
Reporting to the CFO (ex Big 4 M&A Director with a proven track record in industry) this role is instrumental to the success of the Group's strategy over the next few years. The group is constructed of a number of complimentary businesses/brands that play into the digital transformation sector, so this person needs to ensure that future M&A activity is aligned with the strategic direction of each individual business.
The key responsibilities:
- Build a pipeline of target acquisitions, conducting high level assessment of strategic targets against the strategy of the group and individual businesses
- Able to identify quickly the opportunity and 'fit' of each target, keeping an eye on ease of integration
- Understand the triggers to include the CEO and CFO at the appropriate time in M&A conversations
- Accountable for the M&A supplier management and legal/financial DD
- Prepare and update integrated financial models to assess availability of cash for acquisition
- Ad value on ad-hoc projects outside of M&A where appropriate including disposals, integration etc
The successful M&A Director will be 'accessible' from London and able to work from the office when necessary. The key criteria includes:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent qualification in M&A)
- Services sector experienced preferred (digital transformation a big positive)
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Impeccable soft skills and ability to build honest relationships
- Aspiration to complete ad-hoc work for the CFO on request
My client are headquartered in London with a global footprint. They are circa £50mill t/o and have plans to grow to £140mill t/o in 4 years, predominantly through acquisition. The Exec team are phenomenal, with the majority having completed a successful exit in previous roles. They are led by their ethics and values.
£80,000 - £95,000 + Bonus + Package