Head of Sales
Becksford Group are supporting an innovative, fast growth tech start-up to appoint a versatile Head of Sales who can demonstrate comfort working with an early-stage tech (SaaS) product with full accountability for overall revenue targets whilst growing and developing a sales function.
The Head of Sales is the fourth appointment into a very close-knit management team. This individual will have complete autonomy for building out the playbook for how they sell their products. The role requires someone who can clearly demonstrate a ‘start-up mentality’ as the successful Head of Sales and must be comfortable leading from the front, closing deals and setting the overall sales strategy.
The Head of Sales will report to the CEO of this business’ parent company, although most interaction will happen within the immediate management team (product, data and marketing). This individual will own the sales process with an immediate focus on the B2B UK market before going further afield.
- Spearhead the sales strategy for product launch (early summer)
- Establish most effective B2B sales channels leveraging the parent company’s current client relationships.
- Build and train a fit-for-purpose sales function including a sensible budget for new hires
- Responsible for development of the B2C product offering later on
- Responsible for extending the sales strategy across Europe after UK market focus
- Lead sales pitches and design relevant onboarding plans for new client engagements
- Own and achieve annual sales targets
The successful Head of Sales MUST have current experience in tech sales, ideally with experience working with a SaaS product. Industry knowledge is less important, but my client needs someone comfortable selling to c-suite.
B2B sales experience (essential)
Start-up tech environment (happy with a medium size scale-up)
Experience working in a SaaS environment (desirable)
Recognises the importance of a data-driven sales strategy
Believes in the importance of company culture and L&D, and enjoys developing their staff
The business is headquartered in central London (Mayfair) but will continue to offer a flexible working policy after Covid. They have an outstanding management team with backgrounds in some of the leading technology businesses in the UK.
The business offers the best of both worlds; they are supported and funded by a global brand but offer a start-up environment and an incredibly strong, innovative product that the market is asking for.
Circa £100,000 +/- with Year 1 OTE £175,000 (based on £1mill rev target)